Fox & Lefkowitz go above and beyond the traditional law firm. We find solutions for all the diverse problems that life presents – illness, disabilities, and injuries – not only end-of-life. By integrating estate planning with other services such as long-term care planning, special needs trusts, and Medicaid planning, Fox & Lefkowitz LLP are committed to helping seniors live happy, fulfilling lives by helping them meet the legal challenges of getting older.
These concerns and much more fall under the expertise of Fox & Lefkowitz LLP. Whether you know exactly what you need from us or have no idea where to even start, our staff will be supportive, professional, and meticulous throughout the entire process of planning for you.
Our Elder Law Practice includes the following services;
- Estate Planning – Wills, General Durable Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Advance Directives and
Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Medicaid & Long Term Care Planning – If you need help making decisions about nursing homes or other long-term care options, we can help you plan for those arrangements personally and financially.
- Veterans’ Aid & Attendance Pension – If you are a wartime Veteran (or Surviving Spouse or of a wartime Veteran) and your income is being consumed by un-reimbursed medical expenses, it may be possible for us to plan for you to become eligible to receive the Aid & Attendance Pension. However, it is vital to integrate any planning that you undertake for the Aid & Attendance Pension with your overall long-term care planning to ensure that your eligibility for future Medicaid benefits is NOT jeopardized.
- Special Needs Planning – Financial and legal planning for disabled individuals in both 1st and 3rd party cases is an essential process which cannot be overlooked, and we are here to help.
- Estate & Trust Administration – The maze of taxation law that comes with estate administration can be baffling. Our expertise will be utilized to be certain that all relevant estate tax and inheritance tax returns are prepared and filed for the estate.
- Life Care Planning – You can think of a Life Care Plan as the “all inclusive” package. It is a holistic legal service that includes estate planning, asset protection, public benefits eligibility & application, care coordination, family education, health care and financial decision-making, care advocacy, and support.
- Guardianships and conservatorships – Sometimes the elderly need additional help making decisions about their finances and their futures. We help people establish guardianship and conservatorship of loved ones where appropriate, ensuring that all parties are legally protected.
|Resources for Elder Care & People with Special Needs|
|A nonprofit, nonpartisan organization for people age 50 and over.||1-888-687-2277|
|Senior living community||1-718-404-9963|
|The nation’s leading grassroots autism organization. Exists to improve the lives of all affected by autism.||1-800-328-8476|
|Autism Response Team members are specially trained to connect families with information.||1-888-288-4762|
|A compassionate and professional solution for senior relocation, downsizing, estate sale and online auction services.||1-844-220-5427|
|Nassau County Department of Aging||1-516-227-8900|
|Nassau County Department of Health||1-516-227-9697|
|National Association for Down Syndrome (NADS)||1-630-325-9112|
|Somerset Gardens Senior Assisted Living||1-516-576-3330|
|Suffolk Country Office of Aging||1-631-853-8200|
|Suffolk County Health Services||1-631-787-2200|
|Suffolk Independent Living Organization||1-631-880-7929|
|US Department of Veterans Affairs||1-800-273-8255|